<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Snakes Gotta Slither After Delay

Tom DeLay has been the most effective majority whip in living memory, never having lost a vote. He has engineered passage of every vital piece of Bush legislation as majority leader (sometimes with as little as a single hard-sought vote difference).

By his tough work in Texas he has almost assured Republican control of the House for at least another decade. (I say "almost," because a party of nitwits and cowards are capable of throwing away anything.)

And he has done what every able leader of men has been doing since the dawn of man ... he has gone hunting and brought home the meat to nourish the whole tribe. Yes. Money: The lawful collecting of which is the essential condition to politically function. If a political party doesn't have money, it doesn't have a chance.

Tony Blankley
Keep DeLay, or pay the price

I understand why the Democrats are going after Tom DeLay. Snakes gotta slither, mosquitoes gotta bite, hyenas gotta laugh, and Democrats without a blooming idea in their heads gotta go negative.

I also understand why the New York Times is out soliciting Bob Livingston to write an attack op-ed against Delay (he refused), and why they report legal, ethical, common and specifically Ethics Committee-approved activity like Delay employing relatives on his campaign -- as if it were a crime.

But, as to the couple of Republicans up for re-election in a difficult Northeast district and state who, in the name of their consciences, have said slightly rude things about the majority leader of their party, I can only quote that shrewd discerner of character, Oscar Wilde: "Conscience is but the name which cowardice Fleeing the battle scrawls upon its shield."

If a party can be stampeded -- by phony charges and a run of shoddy stories in whorish newspapers -- into dumping their most effective congressional leader, I wouldn't give two cents for their near term future. A party that would voluntarily cut off its own testicles and FedEx them to their opponent as a trophy is not likely to manifest any regenerative powers. That's the thing about losing those organs.

Rush: Fed Up with All the Phonies

I'm getting fed up with so many people like Rick Santorum who is a conservative one day, decides he wants to be president and then starts moving to the center. I'm fed up with people like Christopher Shays. I'm fed up with this attack on Tom DeLay. He's not done one damn thing. There's no charge. He's not guilty of anything!

I'm fed up with phony baloney, plastic-banana, good-time rock and roller so-called moderate wimps like Chris Shays and all these other clowns that are going after Tom DeLay simply because he's effective. I'm fed up with our side that doesn't stand up for our people.

I'm fed up with our guys that don't advance our agenda because they're scared. I'm sick and tired of people that are fearful of every damn thing. I'm sick and tired of phonies that live their lives only to get media coverage instead of be real.

I hate the game. I'm into reality. I just can't deal with the phoniness of it. I can't deal. You know, I've talked to a lot of people who have gotten out of politics for the same reason.

They can't deal with the lack of sincerity they run into in people who are in politics, and I understand the needs to go out and get votes and expand and mix coalitions and constituency groups and this sort of thing, but I've always believed: Do the right thing and the politics will follow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?