<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Notable Quatables

A bi-weekly compilation of the latest outrageous, sometimes humorous, quotes in the liberal media.

In Which Half Was He?

“I know a lot of you believe that most people in the news business are liberal. Let me tell you, I know a lot of them, and they were almost evenly divided this time. Half of them liked Senator Kerry; the other half hated President Bush.

– CBS’s Andy Rooney on the November 7 60 Minutes.

Darn that Unbiased Dan Rather

“If Walter Cronkite was around today, I think John Kerry would be President.

– USA Today founder Al Neuharth in a November 9 speech at Dakota Wesleyan University, as reported the next day by Harold Campbell in the Mitchell, South Dakota Daily Republic.

Bush Selected by Dumb Voters...

“I’m going, ‘Oh, my God, are children going to grow up stupid?’ And I don’t say that to them, but when I hear some of their answers to questions, I’m like, ‘They still think that Saddam Hussein blew up the World Trade Center!’ I’ve been all over the country, and I’m like, ‘Oh, my God, how could they miss this?’ And then I look at the election, and I’m going, ‘Well, of course our kids are not bright about these things because their parents aren’t.’”

– Former World News Tonight/Sunday anchor Carole Simpson, who now travels the country for ABC News to talk to high schoolers about how to consume news, at a National Press Club forum shown on C-SPAN, November 8.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?