<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 16, 2004

Edwards Flunks Milk Price Test

NewsMax: Sen. John Edwards likes to talk about "two Americas - one rich, one poor" on the campaign trail.

But Thursday morning he showed which America he's most comfortable in when he was unable to correctly cite the price of a gallon of milk or six-pack of beer.

Edwards flunked the milk price test in an embarrassing exchange with radio host Don Imus, who began questioning him about his claim on Wednesday that Vice President Dick Cheney was out of touch with ordinary Americans.

IMUS: Sen. Edwards, yesterday on the "Today" Show ... you said you thought that Vice President Cheney, among other things, had lost touch with the American people. And my wife said, "Do you think Vice President Cheney knows what a gallon of milk costs in Albuquerque, New Mexico - or a six-pack of Budweiser?" And I said, "Probably not."

You were just in Albuquerque. Do you know?

EDWARDS: [Laughing] I know about what it costs.

IMUS: What do you think a gallon of milk costs in Albuquerque?

EDWARDS: A gallon - I think a half a gallon of milk costs about $2.30 to $2.40. Isn't that right?

IMUS: No. A gallon costs $2.99 in Albuquerque. - what do you think a six-pack of beer costs in Albuquerque?

EDWARDS: I have to be honest with you - I haven't drank [sic] a six-pack of beer in a long time. I don't know the answer to that one.

IMUS: I know - but you're going try to get a bunch of those folks who do drink it to vote for you.

EDWARDS: It's a good question. You know, I haven't bought a six-pack of beer in years, so I don't know.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?