<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Kerry: "She's Never had to Vote"

Teresa Heinz Kerry: "I'm more old-fashioned than a lot of women...I don't view abortion as just a nothing. It is stopping the process of life."

When Henneberger asks Sen. Kerry if their views are similar, he says, "I do not know the answer to that. We've never-she's never had to vote."

What his Kerry saying here? Teresa never had to vote. Has Teresa ever voted?
Is she an American citizen?

The Massachusetts Democrat’s highfalutin foreign-born wife, Teresa said:

"I can’t believe my family left Africa and came to this country. I can’t believe I ever even married an American."

Maybe, Teresa Heinz Kerry has never voted or "never had to vote". Voting would put her on the same level as Americans.

Teresa Heinz Kerry: Abortion 'Stops Process of Life'

In the current issue of Newsweek, Teresa Heinz Kerry tells Contributing Editor Melinda Henneberger: "I'm more old-fashioned than a lot of women...I don't view abortion as just a nothing. It is stopping the process of life."

Henneberger: "She doesn't stick to the standard political wife script, which calls for confident predictions of victory."

When asked for her read on how things are going in her husband's race, she says: "I can't tell. The only people I see now are Democrats."

On the subject of abortion, she says, "My belief-and I maybe am very wrong-is that women, generally speaking, do not want to have abortions.

"With the exception of people who are mindless -- and there will always be mindless people of both sexes -- most women wouldn't want to. So starting on that premise, I'd say it's our duty as a society to help women arrive at the best conclusion."

When Henneberger asks Sen. Kerry if their views are similar, he says, "I do not know the answer to that. We've never-she's never had to vote."

"People say I look bored onstage, but first of all, I listen, and second, I don't know what-I'm not going to go, 'Hello!'

"I'm sure sometimes I had an apprehensive look on my face, because I was watching other people's faces and sometimes I'd see faces that didn't look friendly."

"I refuse to be censored. I should be always delicate and diplomatic so as not to hurt someone's feelings because that's unnecessary, but the moment I start to control my deepest beliefs and my actions, I lose who I am. None of us are perfect and my imperfections are easy to see, but I don't want to be bottled. I'm not ketchup," she says.

Vanessa says her mother's reaction has been more mixed. "The risk of us becoming more public is concerning for her. It's been a funny balancing act, trying to not make [her] an enigma but also to let her have her own life."

Read more on this subject in related Hot Topics:

Teresa: Abortion ends a life

WELL-MANORED WIFE

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?