<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

John Kerry stepped in it yet again

KERRY: I expressed there was great sense of wrench being the whole thing. many of us ... we had a long argument the night before, Charlie.

"It is a matter of record. as to how we were going to do it, and the vote was taken. I was not in favor of throwing them over the fence. I thought we ought to lay them on a table and put them in front of people in a way that, you know, wouldn't be as challenging to many Americans.

Other veterans felt otherwise. they took a vote. the vote was made, they voted to throw. I threw my ribbons. I didn't have my medals.

Get This Question to ABC

RUSH: It is Frank in Pittsburgh, as we start. Welcome, sir, great to have you with us.

CALLER: Thank you, Rush. I caught an inconsistency in the tape you played of JFK there. He said that they voted the night before to throw the medals over and he wanted to just put 'em on a table, right?

RUSH: That's right.

CALLER: Well, why wouldn't he -- how could he forget to take his medals, then? If he voted the night before to take the medals and throw them over, how did he happen to forget it, because he said the next day he didn't have time to go back and get 'em.

RUSH: You know, that is an excellent question... I'm glad you had that reaction because I missed it.... when I heard him say we voted the night before, and the vote was to throw the medals, my first reaction was, well, if you really didn't think that was right, why didn't you still go on your conscience, which is what your Vietnam protesting was all about? I mean, but you didn't stand up for yourself."

"But yours is a much better point. If they took the vote the night before to throw the medals and he shows up and leaves his at home, but he had his ribbons?

CALLER: And he only took his ribbons.

RUSH: It's a great question, why didn't he take his medals? If the vote the night before was... somebody get this question to Peter Jennings, somebody get this question to ABC. Because this is not over.

At the end of the interview on "Good Morning America," Kerry was unknowingly recorded complaining about the interview with Gibson.

"Geez," Kerry exclaimed. "They're working for the Republican National Committee."

No Kerry, RNC didn't do this to you. You did it to yourself. You lied to
Peter Jennings.


Jennings Gets Payback For Kerry Lie

RUSH: "You did, senator -- and you lied to Peter Jennings. This is worse than lying to the Supreme Court... This is worse than lying to the FBI. This is worse than what Martha Stewart did. You lied to Peter Jennings.

"That's why you're in the vise grips of ABC News today, senator, and there's no way out. There's no way out. You lied! If you would have just stuck with what you did, but you can't."

" [Kerry sing-song voice:] "I voted before it, before I voted against it." That's John Kerry in a nutshell. [Kerry sing-song voice:] "I was for abortion before I was against it," -- or, "No, I was against it before I was for it, and my wife is still against it, but she's never had to vote."

Read more on this subject in related Hot Topics:

John Kerry interview with Charlie Gibson on Good Morning America-Transcript

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?